Subject: Re: LightSpeed Animation Contest!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 00:47:09 -0500

On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, Mark Thompson wrote:

> [email-masked] (Eric J Fleischer, MD) writes:
> >   I firmly believe that if you are going to give away prizes, you
> >should have them in hand before the contest begins, and you should
> >have them in the mail the day the winners are chosen.
> 
> I absolutely concur.

The reason we opted to issue prize vouchers instead of actual product is 
because many of the participating companies offer versions of their 
product for different platforms.  If you win first prize in a category 
and have an Alpha workstation, would you want to receive the PC or Amiga 
version of that prize?   (there IS a method to my madness!  ;-))

> >Last contest I won (2nd place) took over a year to get
> >me the prizes. And the first place winner had similar problems.
> 
> I'll attest to that :-)

I want to make sure that this contest runs as smoothly as possible for 
everyone involved, so I'm now considering the following (slight) change:

For prizes that only have one version (CD-Roms, video-tapes, books, etc), 
we may end up acquiring these prizes before-hand and will send them off to 
contest winners immediately, but the voucher method makes the most sense 
(to me) where multi-platform software is concerned.  

Comments or feedback is greatly appreciated!

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner